Hamilton County Council of PTAs: Come Grow With Us!
Hamilton County Council of PTAs 2009-2010 Handbook
Council Bylaws, Approved by Council and State PTA:
Hamilton County PTA Council won five awards from the Tennessee PTA at the 2012 annual convention: Volunteering Partnership Award; Communicating Partnership Award; Student Partnership Award; and Collaborating with the Community Partnership Award. And Council of the Year!
2011-2012 Council Goals
1. To promote the welfare of children and youth
in home, school, community and place of worship.
2. To raise the standards of home life.
3. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection
of children and youth.
4. To promote parent involvement, including more
involvement of fathers.
5. To work with the media to promote positive public
6. To promote the development of PTAs/PTSAs in
schools where there are no existing units.
7. To create and maintain a dynamic website for the
use of parents, teachers and the community.
8. To develop projects to increase the council’s
interaction with the public.
9. To increase attendance at Council
10. To increase funding through dues, fundraising and